Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Star Struck.....

So, I am a geek. (I have known this for years and plenty of people in HS reminded me of this on a daily basis.) This week I am in NC and one of our schools down here is owned by a former weather person from my area. I got to go to this school the past two days. I have to admit I was a little star struck because I watched this person EVERY NIGHT! I know it was not Tom Cruise, or someone like that, but to me, it was cool. And they were the nicest person. Of course, being the geek I am, I had to tell them about my "star struckness." It was definitely a little surreal.

2 comments:

WILLIAM said...

I need to know what weather man?

Melanie said...

Hi Tracey - Melanie Reddy here. As part of my job I work with reporters a lot - most of them are the local Nashville people. But not too terribly long ago I got a call from one looking for Vanderbilt news and he said his name was Alan Frio. And I lost my professional cool and told him I was from Philadelphia and I remembered him from our local news and was very excited. He was equally pleased that someone actually remembered him from his Philly days... HOpe to see you at the reunion!
Melanie