Friday, October 10, 2008

Nostalgia

So, recently I have been feeling a bit nostalgic. I can't decide why for sure, but I have a few theories. My first thought is that it is fall, my favorite time of the year. As an adult, it is my favoirte because of the season change, the crisp air, the return of my "comfy" clothes! As a teenager and it college it was all about BAND! I was a true band geek, and proud of it. It was my most favoirte activity by far from the time I was in 6th grade until I graduated college on the 5 year plan! Well, now I am back in college..... the same college I did my undergrad at. I feel like I need to be doing competitions on the weekends!! Another theory is that this is my 20th HS reunion year. It just makes one really reflect on life. Did I accompolish all that I thought I would have by this point in my life? Will all of the people from HS forget the "clicks" and just have fun reminissing? The sheer mention of my HS or college or the sound of a marching band always brings great memories (and a few tears for times gone by) flooding back. Tonight, however, was a huge kick in the old reminder pants. My stepdaughter was nominated for homecoming queen at her HS. We went to the football game to see her and cheer her own (she didnt win, but she was one of only 7 senior girls out of over 600 to be nominated, so that is great!). We saw the other schools marching band perform the pregame show and I had tears in my eyes. I need to say, that we were at a rival school from where I went to school, at least the bands were BIG rivals. I ALMOST wished that I could be on the field, performing again. I have my memories...... treasure your memories so they will last a life time. Oh, and the people that I was with thought my tears were from the wind and the chill in the air.......!

No comments: