Friday, September 12, 2008

From Tease to Reality

On Sunday I flew to San Francisco for work. Ok, a little work and a little personal time with my favorite Uncle. (Side note-both of my uncles are cool, just this one was the favorite b/c he was who I was going to see!) Anyway..... Since I travel for work almost every week I have racked up the frequent flyer points and status. I have Gold status with USAir. Since I have gold status, I get upgraded to first class when ever available. On Sunday, the first class cabin was sold out, so I was resigned to a 6 hour flight cramped in a three person row of seats. After it seemed like everyone was on board, the gate agent came to my seat and asked me if I wanted to sit in first class. Of course, I said yes. I gather the stuff out of the seat pocket in front of me, got my purse off the floor, made the two guys sitting next to me move, got my bag down from over head and took one step toward first class. That's when the agent came back and said, "I am sorry, it isn't available." ARE YOU KIDDING!!! WHAT A TEASE!!!
Thursday was a whole different ball game!! I had been checking the availability of first class seats all week. Tuesday there were 7 available. Wednesday there were none! I was bummed, but again resigned to my coach seat. Much to my surprise and delight, when I checked in for the flight I discovered that I had ALREADY BEEN UPGRADED!! That's right.... first class on the way home!! Cozy, comfy, free food and beverages, blankets..... I could get used to this! Membership has its privileges!

No comments: