Sunday, May 18, 2008

I Think I Can, I Think I Can....

Ok, with a little help from my fabulous bike,









and a LOT of help and motivation from my friend Pat,









(OK, I confess, TOO MUCH HELP from the scale at my friend's house yesterday) we rode 18 miles today. The "front nine" were hard, but dry. As we rejuvenated at a coffee shop (sugar and caffeine, a riders best friend-well, at least this rider), Pat informed me that it had started to rain. This made the "back nine" wet and significantly cooler. The weather did help our speed, however! We clocked, at one point, 19 miles an hour! Average 12.8..... I need to work on keeping up the 19mph pace~The Tour De Cure is only 4 weeks away from yesterday! Next week we have planned a "hilly" 18 miles!! Wish us (OK, ME) luck! Click on the link to the right if you want to support me in the Diabetes Foundation "Tour De Cure".

No comments: