Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ski Lift Line or Security Line??

Since I travel every week, I spend a lot of time in the airports. Philadelphia is my "home" airport, as unthrilling as that is. What made me laugh this week was a huge sign that congratulated Philly as the number one airport in customer satisfaction according to some magazine, Forbes, I think. Seriously??? It is the WORST airport as far as customer service and on time arrivals that I travel to. I am not sure who was asked to vote on this, but I don't believe it was the every day "Joes" who use the airport.

I do, however, need to acknowledge some nice changes that I have noticed over the past few weeks. First, the TSA uniforms were revamped in all airports and they do look much nicer, but it did nothing for the personalities..... Second, some new signage and arrival/departure/baggage claim info boards brings the airport into the 21st Century.... finally, this week, I noticed a change in security procedures. I found myself faced with a black diamond line, a blue oval line and a red triangle (i think) line. I felt like I was getting ready to ski! I do LOVE this change. The lines are based on your travel experience. The red triangle is for families traveling with little children and the inexperienced traveler. The blue line is for the casual traveler and the black diamond line is for the frequent traveler. Whoo Hoo!! This is the best change! Especially in the summer and high travel times, like holidays. Now, if they only hold true to the lines........

No comments: