Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Onions on a Plane....

Last week I traveled to Oregon. This is a 6 hour plane ride. I was lucky enough to get a "straight through" flight. These days, as I am sure you all know, there is nothing free on a plane, except maybe the toilet paper! Since the airlines now charge for baggage, people have become insanely childish when it comes to boarding. I feel like I am at a concert sometimes, people crowding the entry to the jetway, pushing and forgetting their manners. Most airlines have boarding orders or groups. I fly USAir mostly, so I have Gold status, which entitles me to board first or nearly first. This never stops 6 foot men from pushing me out of the way, surely a girl of not even 5 feet tall can't possibly have a better boarding group then them!
Then there is the carry on bags..... seriously people. A suitcase that you pack for a weeks vacation will NOT fit in the overhead..... just pay for it.
My ultimate favorite, however is the food choices that people decide are ok for on a plane. Since you have to pay for everything, including water, a virtual food buffet ends up on the plane. Most items are ok, ham sandwiches, bagels, fruit, and whatnot. But there is "one in every crowd"....... an Italian hoagie with onions, oregano, etc...... or a stinky fried something or another...... can we all remember that the airplane is a confined space with recirculated air!! Onions linger for an entire 6 hour flight......

No comments: