Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can You Call This Babysitting??

On Monday my sister called and asked if I would babysit my 8 y/o nephew for a few hours. He was off from school and my sister had to go to work for a little bit. She roped me in with a small guilt trip, something to the effect of, "You say you want to spend more time with him, here is your chance!" How could I say no to that.

I had it all planned. Cool Aunt Tracey would show up with lunch from Burger King and then we would play some games, maybe go outside to ride his bike and "hang out". Silly me for not remembering what millennium we are in!!

Much to my dismay, there was no "bonding" time in the true sense of the word. the only bonding that was going to take place was between my nephew and the Play Station and Nintendo DS!! I am convinced that the video games were the "babysitters" and I was just an "afterthought", there for legal purposes only. We wouldn't want my sister to be arrested for child neglect, now would we! :)



No comments: